Sunday, March 3, 2013

New, Exciting Food Offerings at Epcot's Flower and Garden Festival

I am so excited for the Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival this year.  I am even more excited than usual, because I actually might have an opportunity to experience this wonderful event again this year.  {I am keeping my fingers crossed that this might happen}

One thing that caught my attention while doing my research was the tie-in of new and exciting foods to sample at the Flower and Garden Festival.

To quote the Disney Parks Blog,“What a natural progression (it is) to go from the garden to the table,” said Michael Jenner, Epcot Park Event Content Development Manager.

That makes sense to me, for sure.  Just looking at the wonderful photos of the offerings makes my mouth water!!!

source: Disney Parks Blog

 
source: Disney Parks Blog
Holy smokes, those drinks look incredible.  The colors even scream "Spring" to me!!!

There seems to be plenty to sample, and something for every palette.  The Disney Parks Blog assures us that there will be NO repeats from the Epcot International Food and Wine Festival, and that each marketplace will have three to four dishes.  Dishes I am excited to try are: the Pig Slider with Cole Slaw from The Smokehouse at American Advenure {YUM} and Heirloom tomatoes with house-made mozzarella, vinegar and basil from The Cottage in the United Kingdom.

Oh my goodness!!!  I will have to top it off with a "grown-up" Dole Whip with Florida-made spiced rum.

Luckily, there is plenty of walking around this incredible festival to burn off those calories!!!


Disney is not forgetting the kids during this event.  Disney chefs have chosen some new and fun dishes to encourage children to try as part of Disney's new TRYit! campaign.  TRYit! is part of Disney's ongoing Magic of Healthy Living campaign.  I know I have been able to get Little Man to eat more better and become more active because of their efforts.

I think I might be inspired to try some of these "kid's" dishes, myself!!!  The Wild Berry Slush, Frushi {fruit sushi}, Lasagna Primavera, Watermelon Salad and Angel Food Cake with Florida berries sound delightful.  I think Little Man would like these, as well.

Are you planning a trip to the Walt Disney World Resort this Spring???  The Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival runs from March 6th to May 19th.  Need help planning your trip???  Contact me for a free, no obligation quote!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment